Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Shards of Honor: the space opera

Shards of Honor was interesting to read and really captured my attention after skimming through several first 10 pages of other options. I greatly enjoyed the opening to this story Cordelia and Dubauer exploring only to find out their camp was destroyed. the first few chapters of them traversing the land with one of the people who was responsible, one Vorkosigan, really captured a epic feeling, and it kinda reminded me of that will smith movie that came out a few years ago with his son. A new virtually unknown planet with all the strange things that live on it. Annihilation is the other film it reminds me of, though obviously that is more horror and earth base, while this is space based.
The rest of the story was a wild ride, often times taking some unsettling and barbaric turns, but I enjoyed how Lois handled the horrors of war as well as the consequences on all sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment